Every teacher acknowledges that the responsibility for responding to ALN and Inclusion is their responsibility. They are also key in identifying ALN and Inclusion anew. To do this effectively, it is necessary to:
- Play a key part in the arrangements for processing, screening and monitoring the progress of pupils with ALN and Inclusion.
- Ensure that the learning environment is inclusive and welcoming.
- Take the responsibility for continuing professional development, taking advantage of opportunities to attend and use training offered within the ALN and Inclusion area.
- Complete and adapt relevant aspects of the One Page Profile within the pupil’s Individual Development Plan.
- Make effective use of the available resources and human resources available to support teaching and learning.
- Take a lead role in planning pupils’ targets within the Action Plan (Individual Development Plan).
- Follow guidance and recommendations offered by the LEA’s specialist services.