Headteacher (ALN&I Liaison Person in each school)
The Headteacher is responsible for:
- Ensure an inclusive whole-school ethos.
- Ensure that an ethos of methods centering on the individual are cascaded throughout the whole school so as to personalise the educational experience.
- Ensure that a One Page Profile is created for every pupil on the ALN Register
- Ensure that the school systems accord with statutory requirements and that the ALN and Inclusion School/Cluster Co-ordinator act sin accordance with these requirements.
- Ensure, jointly with the ALN and Inclusion Liaison Governor and the ALN&I School/Cluster Co-ordinator, that the school’s ALN and Inclusion policy is updated annually.
- Ensure ownership and understanding of ALN and Inclusion across the school.
- Ensure that the progress of pupils with ALN and Inclusion is monitored and measured.
- Ensure the regular use of standardised tests, in accordance with criteria, to assess pupils’ achievement. It would be good practice to do this twice a year.
- Ensure that clear scanning processes are in place for the early identification of pupils who might have ALN and Inclusion, so that early intervention is possible.
- Ensure effective, efficient and appropriate use of the ALN and Inclusion delegated funding to target children needing intervention.
- Ensure that systems are in place for Class Teachers to share information with ALN and Inclusion School/Cluster Co-ordinator.
- Ensure that the quality of teaching, differentiation and assessment across the school is high.